Sunday, October 4, 2009

Complaints

Thank god I've got the simple cat: Brandy's demands are usually fairly straightforward -
Feed me!
Water me!
Cuddle me!
Turn the shower on for me!
Feed me yummy fish!
Lift me up there so I dont have to bother jumping!
Carry me head high in triumph!
Reorganise the world exactly as it would suit me!

Of course I draw the line partway down that list, but at least I can address her demands, if necessary by telling her to sod off.

Midnight is much brighter and less demanding, but more whining, and more existential

Why can't I go outside?
When will it stop raining?
Why does it have to rain NOW*?
What is the quality of mercy?
When will I be loved?
When will Brandy stop bullying me?

(the last I can answer but the answer is sadly, never).

Fortunately this is mostly Cat's problem, but when she's outside in the drive, smoking & covered from the rain, they devolve on me.



===============================
*pronounced Naaaooooowwwwww of course :)

No comments: