Thursday, December 31, 2009

Medical Day, again

Just a quick note - had my laser surgery done on the veins in my left leg yesterday, and all went well, they tell me. It was pretty uncomfortable and fitfully painful in a small way: lots of injections, at least 20-odd for local anaesthesia and 20-30 more for the vein-collapsing goo where the veins were too small to fit the catheter: and my leg hurts like a bastard today, as to be expected.

Now I have to wear a support-hose for a week and a half while the veins seal up and close properly, but the upshot should be an absence of blood pooling in the foot and calf, which would be very nice (esp the repeated stabbing pains that come along with that)

Oh and why does catheter sound like catholic? Well it's just a little prick, an awful lot of pushing, and it can make a huge difference to your life.

No comments: