Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Adjusting

Still adjusting - for me, mostly about adjusting to a new job, so very different in ethos, setup and environment; and at having to go to the office every day, not just roll out of bed at 2 minutes to 8 for an 8 a.m. start. I must admit, it's leaving me quite exhausted at the end of each day, between the earlier start (6:30) and the mental stretch and concentration.

It's also kind of alarming how amateur this place was (until my boss started, about 3 weeks before me) ... documentation is either wrong or nonexistent, ditto most policies. Oh well, we'll lick it into shape.

Memorial Day we took it fairly easy: Cat was really wiped out, so I did the driving, and we didnt go anywhere much, just lunch at the Acropolis. And it was nice enough but man do I miss the Santa Fe - for the food (obv) but also for that warm sense of being among friends, of being home.

No comments: